Energy is our business and we take great pride in providing a range of services that include performing storm restoration in some of the most dangerous conditions, such as Hurricane Irma. We have skilled overhead distribution crews ready to get the job done safely and on time.
Below is a list of services provided by our highly-skilled team:
- Overhead line construction and maintenance
- Facility relocation services associated with roadway improvements
- Utility pole replacements
- Line upgrades, reconductoring, and other modifications
- Automated smart grid equipment installation & maintenance
- 69kV line installation and maintenance
- Make-ready work for communication infrastructure improvement
- Street lighting installation and maintenance
- Emergency storm restoration
- Directional boring/trenching/backhoe
- Cable and conduit installation
- Cable splicing/terminating
- URD switching
- Provide electrical installation recommendations and solutions to energy companies
- Project and construction management
NEWS FROM THE FIELD...
“This is what its all about. This is Carl, a 68 year old Vietnam veteran that has been out of lights for 5 days. He hasn’t eaten in 2 days. No water. He’s powering a small fan with a inverter thru his window connected to his van. Well, he has lights, food, water that we gave him and some money in his pocket. YES !!!”
– PMI crew member in Florida during
DIRECTIONAL BORING AND UNDERGROUND RESIDENTIAL DISTRIBUTION
PMIES has dedicated crews to supporting ComEd’s Baseline Underground Residential Distribution Cable Replacement Program which requires installing and/or replacing poor performing 15,000-volt or less underground residential distribution (URD) cable throughout ComEd’s service territory. Installations are performed by directional boring, trenching or pulling in existing facilities. To date, we have replaced or installed nearly 200 miles of cable.
(RADIO REPEATER SYSTEM WORK)
Since 2014, our crews have worked with ComEd to install or replace more than 3,500 repeaters as part of the company’s initiative to modernize the power system and upgrade repeaters across its territory under the Energy Infrastructure and Modernization Act (EIMA).